There are a few reasons why you may need dental implants.
- You needed to have a tooth removed and it leaves an unsightly gap.
- You have a missing or broken tooth
- A replacement for removable dentures
Please keep in mind that the only way to determine if dental implants are right for you is to book in with one of our qualified dentists who are highly qualified to perform dental implants. Hawthorn area is where we are located but some of our clients come from all over Melbourne due to our level of expertise.
At your appointment, we will explore conventional dental options before a decision is made and you need to be armed with the best advice so give us a call today.
Dental Implants Melbourne
Dental implants require two parts;
- The fixture which is made of medical-grade titanium. This is inserted into the bone so the bone can grow around it to keep it stable, and sits in the gum. (Also called Osseointegration).
- The second part is the prosthetic (the crown) which attaches to the abutment (fixture already in place) and provides the natural looking tooth. The crown can be made from a number of materials and this can be discussed with you during your appointment with our dental implants dentist.
When the tooth-like prosthetic is made, it is custom matched to the colour of your existing teeth. People cannot tell the difference between your dental implant and your own teeth, making it a great solution for missing or damaged teeth.
Other Factors to Consider for Dental Implants
You may be surprised to know that your overall health can also impact the option to have dental implants. Whether you smoke, have osteoporosis, diabetes and your age are all to be considered and it’s important you share your health information with the dentist. During the initial consultation your oral health will also be assessed.
Choosing Dental Implants in Melbourne at Hawthorn East Dental
Dental implants may be the best option for you. Dr David Cao has over a decade experience as a cosmetic dentist and is well versed in dental implants. Hawthorn East Dental is conveniently located not far from Auburn train station and Swinburne Uni. We are also just down the road from the Rivoli Cinema headed toward the city.
If you are looking for dental implants Melbourne then you can be confident that you are in the very best hands at Hawthorn East Dental. Book in with us today.